Bideford Ladies end 2018 with win over Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Matt Smart
Bideford Ladies ended the year on a high, claiming a 5-0 win over Weston-super-Mare in the South West Women’s Football League Western Division.
The two sides were the league’s highest scorers going into the match, but the game was a goalless, cagey affair for the first 30 minutes.
Bideford eventually gathered some momentum and broke the deadlock through Leanne Cording, scoring with a curling effort after Alice Beresford played a Rohanna Little cross into her path.
Beresford doubled the lead before half time with a close-range finish.
The second half had a similar story to the first, with Bideford having to wait until the 70th minute to increase their advantage. It was Little who got the goal, shooting into the bottom corner from distance after being set up by Caz Parsons.
You may also want to watch:
Beth Ellis scored the fourth with 15 minutes remaining before Alicia Martin rounded off the win in the final minute with a calm finish.
The win leaves Bideford second in the Western Division over Christmas and New Year. They get back underway at Pen Mill Ladies on January 13.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon