Bideford Ladies fall to defeat against Marine Academy Plymouth
- Credit: Matt Smart
A lacklustre Bideford Ladies fell to defeat to Marine Academy Plymouth in the South West Regional Women’s Football League on Sunday.
The Robins were beaten 3-1 by their counterparts in Saltash.
A bad start for Bideford saw them fall behind after five minutes when Isobel Scott jinked her way into the penalty area before slipping the ball under Zoe Stock.
Kate McKane soon helped get Bideford back on terms, going past her marker before lobbing the ball over Neave Gosling in goal.
The visitors were able to take the lead before the break though, when a deep cross from the right saw Bideford's clearance sliced into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford started the second half with some purpose but could not find an equaliser. Caz Parsons saw a low shot well saved by Gosling.
It was the hosts who would get the crucial goal though, with George Talbot firing in from distance after a quick switch of play.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
There was still time left for Rohana Little to see a shot tipped over the bar to deny Bideford any sniff of a comeback.
The Robins' next game is on February 9, when Torquay United Women visit the Sports Ground.