Bideford Ladies knocked out of Devon Senior Cup by Exeter City Women
- Credit: Matt Smart
Bideford Ladies bowed out of the Devon Women’s Senior Cup on Sunday with a 5-1 defeat to Exeter City Women.
Exeter, who play their football in the National League Division One South West, took an early lead at the Sports Ground through player coach Abbie Britton.
Sophie Gillies doubled the Grecians' lead midway through the first half before getting her second and Exeter's third five minutes before the break.
Bideford got into their stride in the second half, and were able to take the game to Exeter that little bit more, although they found it tough to break down a well organised defence.
Exeter's fourth came on the counter, with Megan Robinson netting on the hour.
You may also want to watch:
Bideford kept pressing though and got their reward when Tracey Cross headed in from a Beth Ellis corner.
Exeter rounded off their win and their passage into the last eight when Daniella Tyson struck with eight minutes left.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Bideford are at home again this Sunday. They take on high-flying Callington Town Ladies in the Pat Sowden League Cup.