Bideford Ladies out of league cup after defeat to Callington Town Ladies
- Credit: Matt Smart
Bideford Ladies bowed out of the South West Regional Women’s Football League cup competition on Sunday after suffering a 3-0 defeat to Callington Town Ladies at the Sports Ground.
A brace and an assist from Chloe Williams saw Callington progress to the next round of the Pat Sowden Cup.
Williams gave the visitors the lead in the first half after a well-taken finish.
Bideford's Kate McKane almost levelled things up for the Robins before half time when Tracey Cross played her in behind the Callington defence, but her angled shot was well saved by Sara Rowe.
Bideford's Zoe Stock was the busier of the two goalkeepers in the second half, producing some good saves to keep the visitors from extending their lead.
You may also want to watch:
She could not to much to stop Callington getting their second after 70 minutes, when Williams crossed for substitute Dani Harper to tap in.
Williams rounded off the scoring at the end of another quick counter attack with a low shot past Stock.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
Bideford are on their travels in the Premier division on Sunday, making the 285-mile round trip to Wootton Bassett.