Bideford Half Marathon returns this weekend for milestone race
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
The Bideford Half Marathon returns on Sunday for a milestone race.
The event is turning 25 and organisers Bideford Amateur Athletic Club have set up some special prizes to mark the occasion.
For one year only there are cash prizes for the first 10 male and female finishers, and the race winner will receive £200.
There is also a £50 pot for anyone who breaks the course records, which stand at 1hr, 6mins and 9secs for male runners and 1hr, 17mins, 15secs for females.
All finishers will receive a T-shirt and a unique medal, which will stack together with medals for Bideford’s 2019 10k and 10 Miler races later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants will set off from Kingsley Road at 10.30am, running along the A386 to Torrington before returning to Bideford on the Tarka Trail.
Road closures have been put in place to ensure the race runs smoothly.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 5 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 8 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 9 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 10 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
The A386 will be closed between Landcross and Rakenham Lodge between 10.45am and 12.15pm.
A diversion for traffic is in place via Monkleigh and Frithelstock.
Kingsley Road will also be closed for the start of the race.