Bideford go third with win
- Credit: Archant
Bideford 182-8 bt Ivybridge 148-9 by 33 runs
BIDEFORD closed the gap on the leading group of clubs in the B Division courtesy of a 33-run win over Ivybridge.
Victory hoists them to third in the table with 17 point to make up on Thorverton in second place.
Bideford were held to 182 for eight, but Ivybridge struggled to keep up with the rate and from nine-an-over territory with 10 overs to go faded to 148 for nine at the close.
Bideford’s innings was a triumph of bits-and-pieces cricket with almost everyone chipping in.
You may also want to watch:
Fred King top scored with 38 late on as Bideford added 60 in the final 10 overs.
Paul Heard (25) and Dan Barratt (28) chipped in to good effect.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 9 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 10 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
Harry Soloman’s nine overs only cost 12 runs and produced the wicket of Aussie Josh Roach.
Jeewan deSilva (2-23) and Ramesh Perera (8-2-26-0) both kept it tight.
The Ivybridge chase wasn’t in great shape at 24 for three with Andrews, Perera and deSilva all back in the hutch.
Kevin Jacobs (23) and Kelvin Trent (30) started a fightback with a stand of 46, then Soloman (27) helped Trent add another 25.
Paul Heard (4-14) and Alex Hannam had the brake on by then and there was no way Ivybridge could catch up.”
“We ground out a decent score and once again our bowlers gave nothing away,” said Bideford captain James Ford.
Paul Heard, Alex Hannam and Mike Lemmings all put in good mid-innings spells.
“Overall very happy with a win as it was important to keep in touch with the top two.”