Bideford give Bradninch a scare before falling to A Division defeat
- Credit: Matt Smart
Bideford gave promotion-chasing Bradninch a scare before slipping to a 31-run defeat that leaves them hovering above the A Division drop spots.
A modest Bradninch total of 220 for eight was largely constructed by Thom Bunker (61), Kian Burns (46) and Tim Piper (36). No one else made more than Gary Chappell (25).
Bowlers Jamie Lathwell (2-36 off 10) and Chris Luxton (1-23 off 10) seemed to sedate the Bradninch batters after a while - and spinner Jack Ford (9-4-11-2) sent them to the land of nod.
Bideford could not keep up with the five-an-over asking rate long enough to stay in touch and their chase fizzled out at 189 for seven.
Tom Brend (27) and Ben Perry (39) made a 76-run start but there was nothing more substantial than James Ford's 29 from the rest.
You may also want to watch:
Spin worked for Bradninch - Josh Farley (2-29) Chappell (0-27) and Will Squire (0-30) getting through 30 cheap overs - and wickets fell to skipper Eliot Acton (3-47).
Although it was a defeat, skipper Tom Brend said Bideford could feel perky ahead of Saturdays' relegation battle with Ivybridge at Fillham Park.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
"We bowled tightly for the most part with credit given to Jack Ford and Chris Luxton for their great spells,
"Things are looking so much better with the bat as well.
"We had a solid platform but need to score more of the middle overs if were going to challenge the bigger totals.
"In the main a solid performance and a lot of positives to take into a big game next week at Ivybridge."