Bideford Boxer in pro debut countdown
- Credit: Richard Grigg
Conor Macintosh is getting closer to his professional debut on October 16th in Plymouth.
Macintosh will be boxing in the Welterweight division against Dean Wilkinson from Lancashire. Macintosh originally from Port Talbot in Wales is nearing the end of his first training camp with Bideford.
Macintosh said: “Training has gone perfect, I’m as fit and as strong as I have ever been. After 76 amateur fights and three national titles, I feel it is time to make my name in the professional ranks.”
If anyone would like tickets priced £40 phone Richard Grigg 07949 770616
Dylan Burston’s hope of winning a national title this year is now finished, as there was no one suitable to box him at his weight in the country.
Burston, aged 14, is currently on the England squad and has been avoided by everyone his age. Although the title won’t be his, Dylan will be waiting for an international match to hopefully gain his England vest this year.
Former Bideford boxer Kyle De Banks returned to the ring at super heavy weight representing the Navy after four years out.
You may also want to watch:
He picked up an impressive unanimous win, beating national novice champion Harvey Dykes from Basingstoke. De Banks will be the Navy’s number one choice, representing them in the combined service championships next month.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs