Bideford bounce back with romping win over Honiton
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford showed no signs of a hangover after their defeat at Kingsbridge when they romped home 43-15 against Honiton.
Bideford were 14 points up in the first 10 minutes thanks to tries from Callum Summers and Richard Norman with two conversions from Shaun East.
They dominated the first half with further tries from Dean Folland, Rob Elliott and Andrew Baxter to lead 36-0.
Reece Pearn scored the only Bideford try in the second half. Honiton scored two tries in reply.
Bradley Goaman, the Bideford team manager, said for 40 minutes the team played top-draw rugby.
You may also want to watch:
"It was the best performance of the season in the first half," said Goaman.
"Our second half was not the best to be honest.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
"Alex Priest had an outstanding game at seven. He was a live wire all afternoon with massive tackles on the opposition.
"There is lots to work on in training, but we were delighted with the bonus-point win."
Bideford, who are third in the Western Counties table, are away to Penryn this Saturday.