Bideford bid for Intermediate Cup
BIDEFORD have to lift themselves from the disappointment of missing out in the promotion play-offs as they go straight into the Devon Intermediate Cup final against Okehampton at King George’s Field this Saturday.
Bideford did all they could to reach the promotion Western Counties play-offs by winning 22-17 at Devonport Services, but that wasn’t enough.
For they needed Torquay Athletic to lose as well, but the Seasiders declined to co-operate and are heading for the play-offs and a trip to the Old Centralians in Gloucester this Saturday.
Bideford led 10-3 at the break thanks to a John Mock try and an Ollie Wickett conversion and penalty. Charlie Attis had booted Services ahead with a penalty early on.
An interception try by Sam Olde pushed Bideford 15-3 up, but back came Services with an Elliot Harrison try that Attis converted for 15-10.
Another breakaway try, this time from Chris Snail, put Bideford in the comfort zone.
Five minutes from time Carl Ranscombe marked his final appearance for Services with a try that Attis converted.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 6 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 7 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 8 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas