Bideford pegged back by Western Counties West defeat at Penryn
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford dropped down to fourth in the Western Counties table following a 37-19 defeat at Penryn.
As coach Simon Morrell was forced to make changes for the trip, the last thing he wanted was a couple of early injuries.
Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened, which left Bideford without direction right behind the scrum.
Morrell said: "Penryn thoroughly deserved their win, but we will take heart from some excellent individual performances.
"Many of those performances were from a number of second XV players, who have patiently waited for an opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
"Although we put in a very good account for ourselves, perhaps didn't quite have enough experience in the 18 on the day.
"Losing Callum Summers after 10 and Charlie Richards after 20 resulted in an already makeshift back line managing 60 minutes without any recognised half backs.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
"We could have folded, but didn't and were really unlucky to have a fourth try disallowed.
"Moving forward we will take this one on the chin and we a realising a big test against Saltash this week."
Dean Folland, Josh King and Rob Fishleigh were the Bideford try scorers. Reece Pearn landed two conversions.