Bideford beat Falmouth to stay top of Western Counties West
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford delighted a large crowd at King George V by beating Falmouth 26-12 to stay top of the Western Counties West table.
Bideford scored three tries in the first half through Dean Folland, Callum Davies and Will Copp, two converted by Shaun East to lead 19-3 at half time.
Copp left the field after 20 minutes with a shoulder injury and the management hope he will be fit for the tricky trip to Kingsbridge this Saturday.
Pat Sanders went off with concussion in the second half and will out for the next three weeks.
Peter Hockridge scored in the second half for Bideford to secure victory.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Goaman, the Bideford team manager, said the hard work was done in the first 40 minutes.
"We played very well and controlled the game in the first half, said Goaman.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
"We kicked well in the correct areas of the pitch and our set piece was excellent."
Jamie Giddy got the vote as man of the match, although Ollie Sanders and Reece Pearn both had a claim for it.