Bideford beat Falmouth to stay top of Western Counties West
- Credit: Kevin Crowl
Bideford delighted a large crowd at King George V by beating Falmouth 26-12 to stay top of the Western Counties West table.
Bideford scored three tries in the first half through Dean Folland, Callum Davies and Will Copp, two converted by Shaun East to lead 19-3 at half time.
Copp left the field after 20 minutes with a shoulder injury and the management hope he will be fit for the tricky trip to Kingsbridge this Saturday.
Pat Sanders went off with concussion in the second half and will out for the next three weeks.
Peter Hockridge scored in the second half for Bideford to secure victory.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Goaman, the Bideford team manager, said the hard work was done in the first 40 minutes.
"We played very well and controlled the game in the first half, said Goaman.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
"We kicked well in the correct areas of the pitch and our set piece was excellent."
Jamie Giddy got the vote as man of the match, although Ollie Sanders and Reece Pearn both had a claim for it.