Bideford AFC’s future secured as winding up order is lifted
- Credit: Archant
Club looking forward to new season as HMRC ends order
HM Revenue and Customs has lifted a winding up order on Bideford AFC.
Since the High Court adjournment on Monday, the club has been in continual talks with the HMRC and confirmed today (Wednesday) that an agreement has now been made to bring a formal end to the existing winding up order.
The order was served to the Evo-Stik Southern League Premier club in April over unpaid tax.
The Directors are now keen to put total focus on to the season ahead and activities on the pitch rather than off it - including upcoming friendlies and the start of the new league season in August.
You may also want to watch:
They are urging all Robins fans to get behind the team and give their usual passionate support for the first team, and all of the other teams within the club.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon