Bideford’s Steve Gallienne wins Plymouth 10k
- Credit: Scott Grenney/One Plymouth
Bideford Amateur Athletic Club’s Steve Gallienne took first place at the Plymouth 10k on Sunday.
Gallienne crossed the finish line on Royal Parade with a time of 31mins and 57 seconds to take victory.
He finished more than a minute ahead of his nearest rival, Kairn Stone, who crossed the line after 33:21.
Adam Holland came third with a time of 33:15.
Gallienne said winning was a 'proud moment', and added: "It was such a great event and there was a fantastic atmosphere on the course.
You may also want to watch:
"It's days like it that make the training worthwhile - it wasn't about getting a personal best due to the hilly course, but I'm still really happy to win.
"I went out hard and broke away after one kilometre. The support from the crowd kept me going to the finish line and it was extra special to have my girlfriend, niece and nephew there to cheer me on."
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon