Barum top again as admin error resolved
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple are still top in National Three South West – despite an official league table staying they aren’t!
Barum, who were rained off away to Ivybridge last Saturday, were top on 50 points going into the last round of fixtures.
Barnstaple officials were somewhat surprised to discover on Saturday night when the tables were issued, that they were now on 45 points – and had lost a win and gained a defeat.
Mike Gee, the league administrator for the South West Division, said it was all down to an admin error and Barum will be getting their points back.
“The procedure is, the result is phoned through to us on a Saturday night and a match card with the teams and scorers is sent afterwards,” said Gee.
You may also want to watch:
“The phone call said Barnstaple had beaten Old Pats 61-19 a couple of weeks ago, but when the match card came in it was the other way round.
“We will be asking the referee for confirmation of the right score and once that’s in the table will be officially changed.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
When the table does come out, Barum will be sharing top spot with Lydney, who moved level with them by beating Exmouth last Saturday.
Points difference is keeping Barum top for now.
Weather permitting, it’s back to Pottington this Saturday for Barum, who entertain old adversaries Brixham in the league.
The replay date for the trip to Ivybridge is Saturday, February 27.