Barum top again as admin error resolved
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple are still top in National Three South West – despite an official league table staying they aren’t!
Barum, who were rained off away to Ivybridge last Saturday, were top on 50 points going into the last round of fixtures.
Barnstaple officials were somewhat surprised to discover on Saturday night when the tables were issued, that they were now on 45 points – and had lost a win and gained a defeat.
Mike Gee, the league administrator for the South West Division, said it was all down to an admin error and Barum will be getting their points back.
“The procedure is, the result is phoned through to us on a Saturday night and a match card with the teams and scorers is sent afterwards,” said Gee.
You may also want to watch:
“The phone call said Barnstaple had beaten Old Pats 61-19 a couple of weeks ago, but when the match card came in it was the other way round.
“We will be asking the referee for confirmation of the right score and once that’s in the table will be officially changed.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
When the table does come out, Barum will be sharing top spot with Lydney, who moved level with them by beating Exmouth last Saturday.
Points difference is keeping Barum top for now.
Weather permitting, it’s back to Pottington this Saturday for Barum, who entertain old adversaries Brixham in the league.
The replay date for the trip to Ivybridge is Saturday, February 27.