Edwards looks ahead to Barnstaple Town’s trip to Slimbridge
- Credit: Matt Smart
Barnstaple Town’s BetVictor Division One South Devon derby against Willand Rovers fell foul of the weather on Saturday.
Heavy rain through the week meant Willand's trip to Mill Road was called off on Saturday morning.
Barnstaple's attentions now turn to this Saturday, when they travel to Slimbridge.
Manager Dean Edwards expects to have a full strength squad for the trip to Gloucestershire, with the exception of the suspended Kai Fisher.
Edwards has bolstered the squad with a couple of additions, with Frazer Clark and Robbie Bowker brought in to cover any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
On this Saturday's trip to Slimbridge, Edwards said: "They score a lot of goals, but let a lot in, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.
"Having a couple of weeks without a game should be a help. It's given us a chance to get all of our players back.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"I've said all along, if I could put the same team on the pitch each week I would be 100 per cent confident we would be half way up the league.
"I hope we'll compete much more than the Basingstoke game, which was the biggest disappointment yet since I've been in charge."