Barnstaple boxers in action at Bude show
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple Boxing Club had two of their members in action on the Bude Academy show on Saturday.
Andy Dyer had a skills contest with Levi Chiplin (Kings BA), while senior Lee Blight made his debut against Lee Graham (National Smelting Bristol).
It proved an all-action battle between two well matched boxers, with Blight taking a good left hook in the first round for a standing eight count.
He stood toe to toe with his rival after that, but lost on points.
Patrick Morton returned to box Malmsbury's Lewis Roberts in his 20th contest but first for six years.
You may also want to watch:
The senior contest produced lots of action for a noisy Barnstaple contingent, with Morton on the wrong end of the points decision.
Nine boxers attended the South West squad camp in Bristol on Sunday and all Barnstaple boxers will be in action at the rugby club on November 9 for the first home show of the season.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal