Barnstaple and Pilton defeated by Exmouth in C Division East
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Barnstaple and Pilton frustrated Exmouth at every opportunity in a 91-run defeat at Raleigh Meadow.
The result was never in doubt after Exmouth totted up 227 for four then reduced Barnstaple and Pilton to 33 for five then 49 for seven in reply.
Big runs for Exmouth were scored by captain Richard Baggs (52) and Sean Day (80no).
Adrian Ashton (43) and Jason Smith (30) led a rearguard action that saw 87 runs added by the last three pairs.
Ryan Schaufler (3-22), Sam Goodier (2-20) and Day (2-5) bowled well, but not well enough to dismiss Barnstaple, who were 136 for nine at the close.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Ashton (43) and Matt Jarvis (30) provided resistance for Barnstaple.
Barnstaple travel to Alphington this Saturday.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council