Brothers set to represent Chulmleigh School at British Schools Modern Biathlon Championships
- Credit: Contributed
Two brothers are set to represent Chulmleigh College at the British Schools Modern Biathlon Championships after medal-winning performances.
William and Freddie Barlow represented the school in the West Midlands Biathlon on January 11 in Birmingham.
The event serves as a qualifier for the championships and involves a 1,600m run and a 200m swim.
William, a year 10 pupil at the school, won gold in the U15 boys competition. Freddie, who is in year 8, won silver in the U14 boys event.
The boys will now go on to the championships in Bath, which take place on March 29.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from the school said: "An incredible achievement for both boys, we congratulate them and wish them luck for the National Championships!"
The Championship is a part of the Modern Biathlon Series.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
It comprises a separate run and swim and is the culmination of a series of preliminary competitions organised throughout the country from August through to January.