Andrew’s accolade as North Devon sea league’s Champion of Champions
- Credit: Archant
League recruiting for new season as Appledore angler takes the honours in final match of the 2013-14 calendar.
A mullet of 3lb 6 ounces gave Appledore’s Andrew Atkinson first place in the North Devon league’s end of season Champion of Champions competition.
The final league standings saw Bideford A take the trophy with a points tally of 56 followed by Appledore on 43 and Barnstaple Rod ‘n’ Reelers on 42.
The AGM after the weigh in saw chairman Arthur Johns stand down from his position after many years of dedicated service to the league.
Damien Babb takes over as chairman and treasurer, but Arthur has been elected to the position of honorary president in recognition of his services.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Clements is now the new league secretary.
The new league starts on the weekend of June 28-29 and new teams are always welcome, whether from local clubs or simply groups of friends.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
The format is four per team, with monthly 24 hour roving heats held over a weekend and a weigh in at 7.30pm on the Sunday.
There are cash payouts for first to third place in each heat, with all placings qualifying for a winner takes all Champion of Champions event in May.
The league is very informal and it is a good opportunity to meet up and chat to other local anglers over a pint, as well as pick up plenty of useful information!
Anyone who would like to enter a team or find out more can call Damien on 07875 611772.