Air hostesses will ‘fly’ to Ilfracombe triathlon
Join Hosties 4 Heroes for the challenge of the Sea Ilfracombe Triathlon and raise money for Help for Heroes plus the Royal Marines Charitable Trust.
A SQUADRON of air hostesses will be bringing a touch of glamour to the Sea Ilfracombe Maritime Festival Triathlon on Sunday, September 2.
The event is open top all and features a 400 metre open water swim in the shelter of the outer harbour, a 25 kilometre bike ride and a 6km run.
Contestants may be encouraged by the sight of the Hosties 4 Heroes team, who will be taking part in relay teams along with serving service personal to raise money for Help for Heroes.
The triathlon is organised by the North Devon Triathletes Club, which has also chosen Help for Heroes plus The Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund as its charities for the event.
You may also want to watch:
“The Ilfracombe Triathlon will provide entrants with a challenging goal yet can be enjoyed by athletes of all levels of fitness,” said Trevor Perkins from the club.
“Through it, we wish to promote triathlon as a sport and life style in our area. We aim to make this event a tribute to our armed forces and raise as much money and awareness as possible.”
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 6 Barnstaple takes part in Fiver Fest for a third year running
- 7 Devon to get new MP - Major changes to electoral boundaries
- 8 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
‘The Hosties’ are a team of airline cabin crew who are taking on a series of challenging events all over the country to raise money for Help for Heroes. They have already completed The Wolf Run, a 10k obstacle challenge, to raise �2,500.
The triathlon will start from the Larkstone car park at 8am and finish there too. All entrants will receive a ‘goodie bag’ and all finishers will be presented with a medal.
For more information go to www.ilfracombetri.co.uk.