A better start for Barnstaple p
- Credit: Archant
After some poor results last season, 2013 has started well for Barnstaple Bowling Club.
New member Adam Loveridge was invited to trial for the Devon U25 team and, skipping a rink, gave a creditable performance.
A few days later Adam paired with clubmate Colin Withey to make progress in the county unbadged pairs competition, recording a 25-10 win over their Great Torrington opponents.
In the ladies’ equivalent event, Jas Evans and Marion Redfern also progressed to the next round with a comprehensive 30-9 win over a United Services pairing.
Continuing the run, Jenny Bishop and June Wallis played their ladies Over 70 match at Great Torrington and came away with a 16 – 10 win.
You may also want to watch:
Jean Cox and Dee Newland beat clubmates Liz Purdon and Toni McNeil in the over 55s pairs to maintain their interest in this event.
The Johns Trophy trial at Culm Vale on Sunday saw Jackie Hemmings-Anthony attempting to retain her place in the Devon team.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale