65-pointer for U16s
BARNSTAPLE U16s proved too strong for Cullompton, running out 65-0 winners on a day when clubs had to give up some of their players for Devon duty at Torquay.
Barum started slowly, then got on the board when Michael Taylor broke the line and Jordan Petherbridge adding the extras.
Good phased play brought a try for Ryan Dart, then Liam Elliss crossed twice in a five-minute spell as Barum took control.
Jacob Nash scored the next two tries, one of which Elliss converted for a 34-0 lead at the break.
Barnstaple hit top gear in the second half and some sweet handling and great pace by the backs allowed Ethan Paddon in at the corner,
You may also want to watch:
Nash missed the conversion, but was quick at the restart and after letting his forwards rumble up field he darted down the blind to complete his hat-trick.
Half-time replacement Josh Simpkins showed what a great find he is with a try and
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
front-row forward Kieron Morgan slotted the two points.
A forward drive created a good position to unleash the onrushing Theo Seel-Kent, who forced his way through. Morgan converted.
The final try of the game came from a kick and chase when Sean Davies won the footrace to touch down. Morgan converted
Barum will have their county players home for the game against Taunton this Sunday.
BARNSTAPLE U9s came back from 20-0 down at the end of the first session to win 25-20 at Tiverton.
In a game played in three 10-minute spells, Barum defended well to keep Tiverton out.
Henry Huxtable rucked and takcled well while Sam Beck was a metre short of is first try for the team.
Zac Adams, Owen Bound, Daniel Trapnell, Ellis Rees and Chris Loat tackled well.
A storming try by Tom Turner sealed a win, with other excellent tries by Man of the Match Ellis Rees (3) and Ollie Kelly.
BIDEFORD U8s played two sessions against Okehampton.
Okehampton just shaded the first session 20-15, but won the second by a convincing 35-10 scoreline.