Pork scratchings ‘caught fire’ at South Molton butcher’s shop
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are currently dealing with a fire at the John May butcher’s shop in South Molton.
Two crews from Barnstaple and crew from South Molton have managed to contain the blaze to a storeroom at the rear of the property.
It is understood that staff had been frying pork scratchings and that the hot oil had ignited.
Barnstaple station manager Dean Hastie said that firefighters used a hose reel jet to stop the fire from spreading to the ceiling.
He said one woman was being treated for smoke inhalation and that paramedics were on route.
You may also want to watch:
Crews are currently still at the scene checking for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
Part of East Street (the B3227) is currently closed to traffic.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone