Zero tolerance only solution to yobbery
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole. All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole.
All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a solid and lasting stand against it.
It's got nothing to do with children from deprived families or any other hard luck stories, it's just that boys and girls know that when they stoop to this foul type of mindless violence hardly any action will be taken against them.
The oiks who do this type of thing have no respect for anything, so it's about time we, the decent people of this country - and that goes for young and old - stood up and demanded that something be done. If it costs money, then so be it.
You may also want to watch:
I really do believe that the only thing that will work is a system of zero tolerance. Giuliani did it in New York and it worked. Commit the crime at 6pm and by midnight you were in court.
Yes, it will cost money and as a hard done by rate payer I am prepared to pay. Go on, be brave, take the plunge and I bet you it has a profound effect.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
George, Bickington. Via email.