Zero tolerance only solution to yobbery
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole. All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole.
All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a solid and lasting stand against it.
It's got nothing to do with children from deprived families or any other hard luck stories, it's just that boys and girls know that when they stoop to this foul type of mindless violence hardly any action will be taken against them.
The oiks who do this type of thing have no respect for anything, so it's about time we, the decent people of this country - and that goes for young and old - stood up and demanded that something be done. If it costs money, then so be it.
You may also want to watch:
I really do believe that the only thing that will work is a system of zero tolerance. Giuliani did it in New York and it worked. Commit the crime at 6pm and by midnight you were in court.
Yes, it will cost money and as a hard done by rate payer I am prepared to pay. Go on, be brave, take the plunge and I bet you it has a profound effect.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
George, Bickington. Via email.