Zero tolerance only solution to yobbery
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole. All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a
SIR - Reference Foreign students attacked in Barnstaple Park. What a picture this paints of Barnstaple, not only this town, but the country as a whole.
All control of the yobbery of this country has gone out of the window and nobody is prepared to make a solid and lasting stand against it.
It's got nothing to do with children from deprived families or any other hard luck stories, it's just that boys and girls know that when they stoop to this foul type of mindless violence hardly any action will be taken against them.
The oiks who do this type of thing have no respect for anything, so it's about time we, the decent people of this country - and that goes for young and old - stood up and demanded that something be done. If it costs money, then so be it.
You may also want to watch:
I really do believe that the only thing that will work is a system of zero tolerance. Giuliani did it in New York and it worked. Commit the crime at 6pm and by midnight you were in court.
Yes, it will cost money and as a hard done by rate payer I am prepared to pay. Go on, be brave, take the plunge and I bet you it has a profound effect.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
George, Bickington. Via email.