Join Zamba for a livestream 20th birthday gig from the Palladium
- Credit: Archant
Popular North Devon reggae carnival band Zamba will be celebrating their 20th birthday on Friday, September 18 with a free live stream gig for their fans.
The group have been a big festival, pub and carnival favourite since their inception, bringing a reggae and ska twist to popular covers as well as their own material.
The livestream gig begins at 8pm on Friday, hosted at The Palladium Club in Bideford, with the band joined by special guest entertainer Rob Pudner from Entertainingly Different, who has been performing a host of virtual shows during lockdown.
Zamba was formed after a trip to Antigua which inspired a group of friends to put together a lively upbeat carnival and reggae band.
Performing on the night will be lead singer Della, James Millman on guitar and vocals, Ed Newton on bass, Frank Rawle on drums and Billy Hammett on percussion.
You may also want to watch:
The band have released their own original EP called Froglife available on iTunes and Amazon, a charity song for educational charity Froglife, of which the band is a patron.
Highlights over the years have included too many local and regional festivals to mention, but events include Oceanfest, Silverstone F1, Coca Cola’s Ultimate Beach Festival, Billabong Girls Day and the Sunwest Festival.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
The band would like to thank all the musicians and audiences who have been part of the Zamba journey for the last 20 years.
Join them to celebrate on Friday by going to www.facebook.com/zambaband .