Youngsters head for Bideford park fun run
YOUNG runners will be taking part in the second annual Bideford Junior Fun Run 2010 on Saturday morning. The all-day-fun family event starts at 10am in Victoria Park with a 100-metre baby and buggy race, one of seven races being held to suit all ages. The
YOUNG runners will be taking part in the second annual Bideford Junior Fun Run 2010 on Saturday morning.
The all-day-fun family event starts at 10am in Victoria Park with a 100-metre baby and buggy race, one of seven races being held to suit all ages.
The event is being organised by local youth charity Wings South West, in aid of the Children's Hospice South West.
Last year's inaugural event raised �1,800 for the hospice. "This year we are hoping that even more children will sign up to take part, have a great day out with their friends and family and help to raise money to support poorly children here in the South West," said Wings' event and youth worker Milly Peart.
You may also want to watch:
"Both charities share a deep passion for helping children and young people in the area."
Entry forms are available Wings on (01237) 472000 although runners can enter on the day.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank