Youngsters asked to design MPs’ Christmas cards
- Credit: Archant
Nick Harvey and Geoffrey Cox challenge young Gazette readers to design their annual festive greeting cards.
WITH less than 100 days to go until Christmas, some people are already making plans for the big day – including our local MPs.
North Devon MP Nick Harvey and Torridge and West Devon MP Geoffrey Cox are asking young North Devon Gazette readers to design their annual Christmas cards for the forthcoming festive season.
Every year, the Westminster politicians send out hundreds of cards to constituents, colleagues, charities, businesses and community groups, as well as the Queen and the Prime Minister.
Mr Cox and Mr Harvey are asking children up to the age of 16 to come up with festive designs that draw inspiration from the local area.
You may also want to watch:
Entries may be produced using pens, pencils, crayons or paints but collages will not be accepted as they are difficult to reproduce in print form.
The winning designs picked by each MP will feature on the front of each card, with the designs of four runners-up featuring in the inside of the card.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
The winning cards will also feature in the Gazette Christmas wrap edition on November 20.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, October 16.
Send your entries to: MP Christmas Card Competition, North Devon Gazette, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, EX32 8PB. Please include your name, address, and telephone number and please mark clearly on your entry whether you live in Torridge or North Devon.
We regret that we are unable to return entries.