Young patient is a hit with shoppers
Grateful guitarist, 12, busks in the High Street to say thank-you to medics.
A 12-year-old holidaymaker has raised �500 for North Devon’s Chemotherapy Appeal while busking in Barnstaple High Street.
Joel Campbell, from Stafford, grabbed his guitar and belted out a series of classic rock and roll hits for passing shoppers during the two-hour stint earlier this month.
The youngster decided to make the kind gesture to say thank-you to hospital staff who looked after him so well when he broke his arm during a family holiday in Croyde last summer.
Dad Ash said: “Joel wanted to thank North Devon District Hospital for looking after him so well last year – he is very proud that he has been able to show his appreciation through his music and would also like to thank everyone who donated money.
You may also want to watch:
“Joel felt a bit unwell on the day and would have liked to have played longer but he made sure he gave his all and it was great to hear the positive feedback from everyone.
“One kind lady had read the previous report about Joel in the Gazette and came down especially to see him perform and was the first person to donate. She was a lovely lady – meeting people like this made it all worth it.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
“Joel hopes the NDDH Chemotherapy Appeal fund-raising continues to thrive and hopes to return later in the year to carry out a similar event.”