Young man dies in Beaworthy collision
The VW Golf was travelling towards Halwill Junction when it collided with a bridge parapet.
A 26-year-old man from Halwill has died after a car collided with a bridge parapet on the A3079 at Beaworthy yesterday (Thurs).
The collision involving a red VW Golf travelling towards Halwill Junction occurred at around 4.10pm and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services arrived at the scene three miles north of Halwill and the road was closed.
Formal identification has not yet been carried out but the immediate next of kin have been advised.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “A full investigation is underway and our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased male.”
Police are appealing for witnesses that have not already spoken to officers to contact them on 101 quoting log 618 22/11/12
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level