Young man dies in Beaworthy collision
The VW Golf was travelling towards Halwill Junction when it collided with a bridge parapet.
A 26-year-old man from Halwill has died after a car collided with a bridge parapet on the A3079 at Beaworthy yesterday (Thurs).
The collision involving a red VW Golf travelling towards Halwill Junction occurred at around 4.10pm and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services arrived at the scene three miles north of Halwill and the road was closed.
Formal identification has not yet been carried out but the immediate next of kin have been advised.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “A full investigation is underway and our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased male.”
Police are appealing for witnesses that have not already spoken to officers to contact them on 101 quoting log 618 22/11/12
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon