Young guitarist a hit with crowds at Oceanfest
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest. Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest.
Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham Mill student was more than a little nervous when he learned he would get to take to the stage at the annual festival in Croyde.
Despite this he performed a 20 minute set and according to his audience, it was a "flawless" performance.
"I can't thank the organiser, Warren Latham, enough for giving me the opportunity to play, without his support, encouragement and kind words I never have had this experience," said a delighted Henk.
You may also want to watch:
"The crew back stage were also brilliant and really helped with my nerves! I was extremely nervous when I arrived to go on stage, I had literally finished my last exam and went straight to Oceanfest, and it was an amazing feeling.
"I had everything going through my head - what if a string broke? What if I froze? I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I don't think it really sunk in what I'd done till a few hours later!
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure