Young guitarist a hit with crowds at Oceanfest
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest. Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest.
Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham Mill student was more than a little nervous when he learned he would get to take to the stage at the annual festival in Croyde.
Despite this he performed a 20 minute set and according to his audience, it was a "flawless" performance.
"I can't thank the organiser, Warren Latham, enough for giving me the opportunity to play, without his support, encouragement and kind words I never have had this experience," said a delighted Henk.
You may also want to watch:
"The crew back stage were also brilliant and really helped with my nerves! I was extremely nervous when I arrived to go on stage, I had literally finished my last exam and went straight to Oceanfest, and it was an amazing feeling.
"I had everything going through my head - what if a string broke? What if I froze? I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I don't think it really sunk in what I'd done till a few hours later!
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice