Young guitarist a hit with crowds at Oceanfest
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest. Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest.
Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham Mill student was more than a little nervous when he learned he would get to take to the stage at the annual festival in Croyde.
Despite this he performed a 20 minute set and according to his audience, it was a "flawless" performance.
"I can't thank the organiser, Warren Latham, enough for giving me the opportunity to play, without his support, encouragement and kind words I never have had this experience," said a delighted Henk.
You may also want to watch:
"The crew back stage were also brilliant and really helped with my nerves! I was extremely nervous when I arrived to go on stage, I had literally finished my last exam and went straight to Oceanfest, and it was an amazing feeling.
"I had everything going through my head - what if a string broke? What if I froze? I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I don't think it really sunk in what I'd done till a few hours later!
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman