Young guitarist a hit with crowds at Oceanfest
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest. Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham
A teenage guitarist has fulfilled the dream of a lifetime by playing in front of a crowd for the first time - at GoldCoast Oceanfest.
Henk Vergeer is 15-years-old, has only been playing the guitar for two years and is entirely self taught, so the Chelfham Mill student was more than a little nervous when he learned he would get to take to the stage at the annual festival in Croyde.
Despite this he performed a 20 minute set and according to his audience, it was a "flawless" performance.
"I can't thank the organiser, Warren Latham, enough for giving me the opportunity to play, without his support, encouragement and kind words I never have had this experience," said a delighted Henk.
You may also want to watch:
"The crew back stage were also brilliant and really helped with my nerves! I was extremely nervous when I arrived to go on stage, I had literally finished my last exam and went straight to Oceanfest, and it was an amazing feeling.
"I had everything going through my head - what if a string broke? What if I froze? I have never experienced anything like it in my life. I don't think it really sunk in what I'd done till a few hours later!
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe