Young girl taken to hospital after Barnstaple collision
Two vehicles involved in collision in the centre of Barnstaple on Saturday night.
A YOUNG girl was taken to hospital after a two vehicle collision in Barnstaple on Saturday night.
The silver Vauxhall signum and silver Rover 25 were involved in the collision at the junction between Bear Street and Alexandra Road around 9.20pm.
Both vehicles were registered to Barnstaple addresses and one contained two young girls, aged eight and 12.
One of the girls was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance and was kept overnight for observations. Her injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from also Barnstaple attended the scene and made the vehicles safe using small tools.
A police spokesman reported the road was blocked for some time while the car owners arranged recovery of the vehicles.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
There was also some petrol and debris on the road.