Young girl taken to hospital after Barnstaple collision
Two vehicles involved in collision in the centre of Barnstaple on Saturday night.
A YOUNG girl was taken to hospital after a two vehicle collision in Barnstaple on Saturday night.
The silver Vauxhall signum and silver Rover 25 were involved in the collision at the junction between Bear Street and Alexandra Road around 9.20pm.
Both vehicles were registered to Barnstaple addresses and one contained two young girls, aged eight and 12.
One of the girls was taken to North Devon District Hospital by ambulance and was kept overnight for observations. Her injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from also Barnstaple attended the scene and made the vehicles safe using small tools.
A police spokesman reported the road was blocked for some time while the car owners arranged recovery of the vehicles.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
There was also some petrol and debris on the road.