Young footballers get sprint tips from track and field star
Former Olympian and world champ talks to soccer kids about life in the fast lane
YOUNGSTERS at a Barnstaple soccer school are hoping to take the fast track to success after listening to the advice of a world champion sprinter.
Thrilled footballers at the Chivenor Soccer School were paid an inspirational visit by British sprint-distance star Jamie Baulch during half-term week.
Jamie, who counts 400metre and 4x400m world championship gold medals, and a 4x400m Olympic silver medal among his achievements, spoke to players about sprinting and how a good running technique could improve their overall game.
The athlete spent the afternoon taking them through their paces on the athletics track.
You may also want to watch:
The Chivenor Soccer School, a Plymouth Argyle development centre, runs weekly sessions for footballers aged from four to 16.
For information, contact Lee Barrow on 07890 018502.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 6 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon