Young footballers get sprint tips from track and field star
Former Olympian and world champ talks to soccer kids about life in the fast lane
YOUNGSTERS at a Barnstaple soccer school are hoping to take the fast track to success after listening to the advice of a world champion sprinter.
Thrilled footballers at the Chivenor Soccer School were paid an inspirational visit by British sprint-distance star Jamie Baulch during half-term week.
Jamie, who counts 400metre and 4x400m world championship gold medals, and a 4x400m Olympic silver medal among his achievements, spoke to players about sprinting and how a good running technique could improve their overall game.
The athlete spent the afternoon taking them through their paces on the athletics track.
You may also want to watch:
The Chivenor Soccer School, a Plymouth Argyle development centre, runs weekly sessions for footballers aged from four to 16.
For information, contact Lee Barrow on 07890 018502.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home