Young dancers to meet the stars
YOUNG Torrington dancers are to rub shoulders with the stars after success in a regional schools competition.
Torrington Streetz Dance Crew have been named as the third best hip hop dance group in the South West!
The pupils of Great Torrington Community School competed against 14 other schools from all over the region at Plymouth’s Oceanna nightclub.
The school’s 16 strong ‘elite’ crew will now travel to the national finals in Stoke-On-Trent on November 21, where they will compete and also meet Ashley Banjo of Diversity, Kimberley Wyatt of Pussycat Dolls, Britain’s Got Talent winner and Step Up Movie star George Sampson and top British rapper Chipmunk.
Streetz Dance Crew owner and choreographer Amy Avery said: “It was a great day and the guys did fantastically well, I am very proud of them. They have practised relentlessly for the past four weeks and it’s really paid off. They are all extremely excited about going up to Stoke-on-Trent and rubbing shoulders with the stars. They deserve it.”
You may also want to watch:
Director of Sport at Torrington School, Andy Bloodworth said: “ These youngsters have worked really hard for what they have achieved, the school is very proud of them. Street dance has become one of our most popular activities over the past few years and has grown remarkably. Amy and instructor Keeley Hooper , an ex-pupil at the school , have done a fantastic job and we hope it continues to do well for years to come.”
Streetz Dance Crew has classes for all ages, from Streetz Totz to Adults Streetz. To find out more, contact Amy Avery on 07854975823 or email@example.com. Or contact Adrian Avery at Great Torrington Community School.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody