Young Carers enjoy a welcome break
Activities take their minds off caring responsilbities for a weekend thanks to lottery funding.
A GROUP of young carers enjoyed a weekend away from their caring responsibilities at Skern Lodge thanks to lottery funding.
The joint project between Bright Futures and Devon Carers saw 16 young people enjoy a weekend of activities and meet those in similar situations.
Andrea Mules, Training & Support Co-ordinator at TTVS, said: “At the weekend away a lot of the young carers were initially hesitant; they are not used to having time to have fun and take part in activities.”
But the group quickly got stuck into the activities which included games, archery and tackling the high wires on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“An awards ceremony followed and with packed lunches at the ready it was then time to say our goodbyes and for some of the group, think about the four-and-a-half hour journey ahead before they could crash out and see their loved ones and continue their caring roles and responsibilities.”
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened