Young Carers enjoy a welcome break
Activities take their minds off caring responsilbities for a weekend thanks to lottery funding.
A GROUP of young carers enjoyed a weekend away from their caring responsibilities at Skern Lodge thanks to lottery funding.
The joint project between Bright Futures and Devon Carers saw 16 young people enjoy a weekend of activities and meet those in similar situations.
Andrea Mules, Training & Support Co-ordinator at TTVS, said: “At the weekend away a lot of the young carers were initially hesitant; they are not used to having time to have fun and take part in activities.”
But the group quickly got stuck into the activities which included games, archery and tackling the high wires on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
“An awards ceremony followed and with packed lunches at the ready it was then time to say our goodbyes and for some of the group, think about the four-and-a-half hour journey ahead before they could crash out and see their loved ones and continue their caring roles and responsibilities.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon