Young Callum enjoys Forches tour
Callum Harrington tells of his visit to see the regeneration work at Forches Estate in Barnstaple.
A YOUNG resident of Forches in Barnstaple has enjoyed a special tour of the estate during its renovation and was able to see the kind of new home he and his family will be moving to.
Park School pupil Callum Harrington, aged 12, and his parents Rodney and Tammy plus younger brother Jack, were moved out of their old home in preparation for the demolition phase, but will be moving back into a new one in the new year.
Here, Callum writes: This build has come to a staggering �5 million so far and they have dug up more than 18,000 cubic metres of dirt, but all of this along with a lot of hard work and effort will make Forches a much greater and more advanced place to live.
The houses are built to lifetime homes standards which means you would be able to live in these new homes no matter what age or ability, due to the fact that there’s room to fit in a stair lift and you can change the downstairs bathroom into a wet room.
You may also want to watch:
I was able to visit the site to have a tour and view a four bed home, a three bed home and a bungalow.
I was one of the people, with my family, to get moved from our old house into temporary housing so that the new houses could be built.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
It was tough at first because we had to move all of our stuff, the house that we moved into is cold and quite small but it has all been worth as we are moving back to a brand new house in the new year and I can’t wait to decorate my bedroom.