Young artists light up The Burton
THE talents of the region’s young artists are on display at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford in one of its largest and most colourful exhibitions of the year.
The Annual Schools Exhibition showcases the lively and imaginative work of some of Torridge’s youngest artists, with ages ranging from five to 18 years.
It is a definite highlight of the year, with prizes supported by the National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies.
Seventeen schools are taking part: Kingsley, Chulmleigh Primary , Westcroft Junior, Instow Primary, Home Grown Kids, St Mary’s C of E Primary, St Helen’s Primary, East-the -Water Primary, Parkham Primary and Infants , Northam St George’s Infants and Nursery, Monkleigh Primary, Appledore, Clovelly, Pynes Infants, Bideford College, Shebbear College and Woolsery Primary.
The exhibition runs until March 7, Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 11am to 4pm and entry is free.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Lausen, Torridge’s Lead Member for Culture, said: “The Annual Schools Exhibition is a marvellous way to support and encourage children through art. It is vital today that children are encouraged to be creative and to use their imaginations and this exhibition shows some fine examples of what is being achieved in our schools in northern Devon.”
To coincide with the schools exhibition there are also activities for families and children, including:
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
Under-fives Storytime, March 3, 10 – 10.30am, free for under-fives, parents and carers; Art from the Sea with Tanya Landman, March 5, 11am – 12 noon, free for families with over-sixes