Young artists light up The Burton
THE talents of the region’s young artists are on display at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford in one of its largest and most colourful exhibitions of the year.
The Annual Schools Exhibition showcases the lively and imaginative work of some of Torridge’s youngest artists, with ages ranging from five to 18 years.
It is a definite highlight of the year, with prizes supported by the National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies.
Seventeen schools are taking part: Kingsley, Chulmleigh Primary , Westcroft Junior, Instow Primary, Home Grown Kids, St Mary’s C of E Primary, St Helen’s Primary, East-the -Water Primary, Parkham Primary and Infants , Northam St George’s Infants and Nursery, Monkleigh Primary, Appledore, Clovelly, Pynes Infants, Bideford College, Shebbear College and Woolsery Primary.
The exhibition runs until March 7, Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm and Sunday 11am to 4pm and entry is free.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor David Lausen, Torridge’s Lead Member for Culture, said: “The Annual Schools Exhibition is a marvellous way to support and encourage children through art. It is vital today that children are encouraged to be creative and to use their imaginations and this exhibition shows some fine examples of what is being achieved in our schools in northern Devon.”
To coincide with the schools exhibition there are also activities for families and children, including:
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 7 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 8 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
Under-fives Storytime, March 3, 10 – 10.30am, free for under-fives, parents and carers; Art from the Sea with Tanya Landman, March 5, 11am – 12 noon, free for families with over-sixes