YES – the centre is open!
New youth advice servcie for Barnstaple
A new drop in help and advice service for young people has been launched at Barnstaple Youth House.
The Youth Enquiry Service, or Yes Project, is available to all young people aged 13 to 25 and can assist with a range of issues including housing and welfare, drink, drugs, relationships, training, health and counselling.
The drop in sessions are available at the Youth House in Market street on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 1-5pm, with support, advice and information provided in a safe and friendly environment.
It is provided by Young Devon and Barnstaple Poverty Action Group in partnership with the Youth House.
You may also want to watch:
The launch on Thursday was conducted by Devon County Councillor Andrea Davis, cabinet member for children and joined by Young Devon chief executive Tim Tod.
“Any young person at any time has a point in their lives where they need someone to talk to,” he said.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
“We have been determined to try and create a space for young people to come to that they and their mates know about, is free and confidential.”
The Youth Enquiry Service can be contacted at Barnstaple Youth House on (01271) 377106.