Weather warning issued for weekend as ‘severe gales’ set to hit North Devon
- Credit: Met Office
Gale force winds are expected to hit North Devon on Sunday (December 8) and into Monday.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind between 3pm on Sunday until 9am the following day, with 'severe gales' forecast.
Gusts of up to 70mph are expected around some coasts, with inland gusts of up to 60mph.
It warns coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by large waves and spray.
There is potential for short term losses of power and other services as well as travel delays.
You may also want to watch:
The forecast from the Met Office said: "A deep area of low pressure is expected to cross the UK from the west on Sunday and Monday bringing very strong winds to parts of the west.
"Winds are expected to gust to 50-60mph inland, and perhaps 70mph around some coasts. Large coastal waves are also expected."
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses