Yelland homes ‘master plan’ on display
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Public consultation for West Yelland developments plans being held on Wednesday and Thursday (November 20-21) this week.
A revised smaller version of the controversial ‘Yelland Park’ plans will be presented at public consultation events today (Wednesday) and tomorrow.
Developer Welbeck land is staging the events at All Saints Chapel, Anstey Way, Instow today and again tomorrow at St Peter’s Church Hall in Fremington.
Both run from 2-7pm and development team members will update people on the ‘emerging master plan’ for the site, located next to the estuary.
Last September Welbeck unveiled a vision for the site which included up to 600 homes, around three hectares of ‘employment land’, plus potentially a new primary school, community centre, medical facilities and a combined local shop and post office.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the new incarnation of the scheme has been revised down to a smaller scale.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup