World record bid is puzzling...
- Credit: Archant
Want to build a giant jigsaw puzzle? Sign up for a challenge at Green Lanes Shopping Centre in Barnstaple and help Children’s Hospice South West.
INTREPID fund raisers from Children’s Hospice South West will swap a perch on a seven seater bike for a spot on the floor at Green Lanes as they puzzle out their latest challenge.
From Monday, July 29 Dave Butt, Steve Warner and friends will be tackling a world record at the Barnstaple shopping centre in the form of a 32,256 piece giant jigsaw puzzle.
The aim is to complete it in the fastest time possible and they are hoping as many patient puzzlers as possible to join them to help finish the mammoth conundrum.
For the past two years under the ‘Mag Seven’ banner, Dave, Steve and friends have toured the South West aboard a rather unusual seven seater bicycle, but this year they have turned to a new puzzle.
You may also want to watch:
The puzzle in question is a Ravensburger, the largest commercially produced puzzle in the world and it measures a staggering 17 by six feet.
The fund raisers would like to hear from anyone who wants to help placing pieces of the puzzle, as well as anyone who can assist as volunteers to collect for Children’s Hospice during the estimated six days of the event.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
If you would like to take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Dave on 07818 037726 or Steve on 07557 875175.