World Book Day fun in Bideford
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A whole host of family fun is being held in the Burton Art Gallery in Bideford on Thursday.
FAMILIES are being invited to enjoy a day of book-themed fun at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford tomorrow (Thursday).
The Burton is joining forces with Bideford Library to celebrate World Book Day, with a host of free activities taking place from 10am-3pm.
The day starts with story time sessions for under-fives, followed by craft making activities, face painting, nursery rhymes and more stories.
Every child will receive a World Book Day voucher which can be exchanged for one of eight specially published World Book Day £1 books.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its 17th year, World Book Day aims to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own.
Emily Paine, administrator at the Burton, said: “We love having family activities here at the Burton and it’s great to be working with the staff at Bideford Library and offering something a little bit different and it’s free.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford