World Book Day fun in Bideford
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A whole host of family fun is being held in the Burton Art Gallery in Bideford on Thursday.
FAMILIES are being invited to enjoy a day of book-themed fun at the Burton Art Gallery and Museum in Bideford tomorrow (Thursday).
The Burton is joining forces with Bideford Library to celebrate World Book Day, with a host of free activities taking place from 10am-3pm.
The day starts with story time sessions for under-fives, followed by craft making activities, face painting, nursery rhymes and more stories.
Every child will receive a World Book Day voucher which can be exchanged for one of eight specially published World Book Day £1 books.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its 17th year, World Book Day aims to encourage children to explore the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own.
Emily Paine, administrator at the Burton, said: “We love having family activities here at the Burton and it’s great to be working with the staff at Bideford Library and offering something a little bit different and it’s free.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple