Workshop helps North Devon graduates get on the job ladder
- Credit: Archant
Organised by Job Centre Plus, the workshop in Barnstaple will held graduates gain skills and network with employers.
NORTH Devon has a growing number of successful graduates who are unemployed of underutilising their skills, according to North Devon +.
The agency has teamed up with Job Centre Plus, the University of Exeter, the Employment and Skills Board, National Careers Service and local employers to offer an afternoon of advice for graduates next week.
The Graduate Workshop will run from 1pm-4.30pm on Thursday, November 7 at Barnstaple Library.
Last year 32 graduates out of work or looking for a change in career attended the event and one third have since successfully found graduate level employment.
You may also want to watch:
The event will start with an employer master class, with talks from recruitment specialists such as Barclays Bank, North Devon Homes and Mole Valley Farmers.
The panel will also include a local graduate who has secured an internship.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
After the session there will be a number of workshops where attendees can learn about the University of Exeter’s graduate internship scheme, and get more information on whether self employment might be a better option.
The National Careers Service will also be offering guidance on making speculative approaches to employers on paper, online and through networking.
One-to-one advice sessions will be bookable on the day, and there will be networking opportunities available throughout the afternoon.
To book your place, or for more information, email Gary at the Barnstaple Jobcentre: firstname.lastname@example.org.