Workers clock up the miles for charity
Wilkinsons’ long distance in-store challenge for Anthony Nolan
STAFF at Barnstaple’s Wilkinsons store rowed and cycled more than 150 “virtual miles” in aid of the Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity on Saturday.
Employees took turns to man cycling and rowing machines and managed to raise �750 during the all-day charity challenge at the Green Lanes store.
“Customers were filling up the collection buckets all day; the people have Barnstaple have been so generous it’s unreal,” said assistant manager Rachel Reed.
The equipment for the challenge was provided by Floor One Fitness, who joined staff on the day to show their support.
You may also want to watch:
The Anthony Nolan charity funds research, recruits members to the bone marrow register, co-ordinates transplants and matches suitable donors with those in desperate need.
For more information about the charity visit www.anthonynolan.org
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl