Workers clock up the miles for charity
Wilkinsons’ long distance in-store challenge for Anthony Nolan
STAFF at Barnstaple’s Wilkinsons store rowed and cycled more than 150 “virtual miles” in aid of the Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity on Saturday.
Employees took turns to man cycling and rowing machines and managed to raise �750 during the all-day charity challenge at the Green Lanes store.
“Customers were filling up the collection buckets all day; the people have Barnstaple have been so generous it’s unreal,” said assistant manager Rachel Reed.
The equipment for the challenge was provided by Floor One Fitness, who joined staff on the day to show their support.
You may also want to watch:
The Anthony Nolan charity funds research, recruits members to the bone marrow register, co-ordinates transplants and matches suitable donors with those in desperate need.
For more information about the charity visit www.anthonynolan.org
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021