Workers clock up the miles for charity
Wilkinsons’ long distance in-store challenge for Anthony Nolan
STAFF at Barnstaple’s Wilkinsons store rowed and cycled more than 150 “virtual miles” in aid of the Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity on Saturday.
Employees took turns to man cycling and rowing machines and managed to raise �750 during the all-day charity challenge at the Green Lanes store.
“Customers were filling up the collection buckets all day; the people have Barnstaple have been so generous it’s unreal,” said assistant manager Rachel Reed.
The equipment for the challenge was provided by Floor One Fitness, who joined staff on the day to show their support.
You may also want to watch:
The Anthony Nolan charity funds research, recruits members to the bone marrow register, co-ordinates transplants and matches suitable donors with those in desperate need.
For more information about the charity visit www.anthonynolan.org
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI