Work starts on Barnstaple running track
Playing field benefits from �42k funding boost.
WORK has started on a new skateboard ramp and running track at a community playing field on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
The new facilities are being installed by Fremington Parish Council at the Queen Elizabeth II Field at Tews Lane in Roundswell.
The �26,000 half-pipe style ramp and �16,000 informal jogging track are being paid for with section 106 money held from the Travelodge and Brynsworthy Court developments.
Council chairman Rodney Cann said: “These additions will bring exciting opportunities for youngsters in the area and help continue the spirit of the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
“The playing fields are extremely well used by adult, youth and disability groups. Around 13 teams use the two adult football pitches and junior pitch.”
It is hoped the new features will be ready for use by the end of the month.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon