Work about to start on Bideford Wetherspoons
- Credit: Archant
Pub chain plans to open new premises in Bridgeland Street on July 23.
WORK is set to start on Monday on a new JD Wetherspoon pub at Bridgeland Street in Bideford.
The £1.5 million development is expected to create up to 45 full and part time jobs and should open for business on July 23, according to the giant pub chain.
The building was formerly the Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre and the new pub, which has yet to be named, is expected to take up two storeys.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We are looking forward to opening our new pub in Bideford and believe that it will be an asset to the town and be welcomed by people of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that it will also act as a catalyst for other business people to invest further in the town.”
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'