Work about to start on Bideford Wetherspoons
- Credit: Archant
Pub chain plans to open new premises in Bridgeland Street on July 23.
WORK is set to start on Monday on a new JD Wetherspoon pub at Bridgeland Street in Bideford.
The £1.5 million development is expected to create up to 45 full and part time jobs and should open for business on July 23, according to the giant pub chain.
The building was formerly the Bideford Carpet and Furnishing Centre and the new pub, which has yet to be named, is expected to take up two storeys.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We are looking forward to opening our new pub in Bideford and believe that it will be an asset to the town and be welcomed by people of all ages.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that it will also act as a catalyst for other business people to invest further in the town.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes