Woolsery's weird weekend approaches
IT is billed as the world s strangest weekend happening and the village of Woolsery is bracing itself for an influx of visitors from all across country and the world. Explorers, palaeontologists, a barrister, an international renowned expert in gout and
IT is billed as the world's strangest weekend happening and the village of Woolsery is bracing itself for an influx of visitors from all across country and the world.
Explorers, palaeontologists, a barrister, an international renowned expert in gout and a world-famous rock star are among the speakers at The Weird Weekend at the Community Hall next Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
They will be lecturing on subjects as diverse as ape men, crop circles, sea monsters, South American ghosts, death dealing medieval snakes, crop circles, human/animal hybrid experiments and the Holy Grail.
The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena will be conducting an experiment revolving around Woolsery's ancient haunted pub The Farmers Arms.
You may also want to watch:
The Weird Weekend, run by the Centre for Fortean Zoology which is based in Woolsery, will also feature entertainment for children, an art exhibition by a artist specializing in painting monsters, an exhibition of strange items from Devon museums, an exhibition of taxidermy, stalls, quizzes and a performance from the village children.
More information can be found at the Weird Weekend Website on http://www.cfz.org.uk/conferences/weirdweekend/ww2007/ww07index.htm
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West