Woolsery's weird weekend approaches
IT is billed as the world s strangest weekend happening and the village of Woolsery is bracing itself for an influx of visitors from all across country and the world. Explorers, palaeontologists, a barrister, an international renowned expert in gout and
IT is billed as the world's strangest weekend happening and the village of Woolsery is bracing itself for an influx of visitors from all across country and the world.
Explorers, palaeontologists, a barrister, an international renowned expert in gout and a world-famous rock star are among the speakers at The Weird Weekend at the Community Hall next Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
They will be lecturing on subjects as diverse as ape men, crop circles, sea monsters, South American ghosts, death dealing medieval snakes, crop circles, human/animal hybrid experiments and the Holy Grail.
The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena will be conducting an experiment revolving around Woolsery's ancient haunted pub The Farmers Arms.
You may also want to watch:
The Weird Weekend, run by the Centre for Fortean Zoology which is based in Woolsery, will also feature entertainment for children, an art exhibition by a artist specializing in painting monsters, an exhibition of strange items from Devon museums, an exhibition of taxidermy, stalls, quizzes and a performance from the village children.
More information can be found at the Weird Weekend Website on http://www.cfz.org.uk/conferences/weirdweekend/ww2007/ww07index.htm
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe