Woolacombe station appeals for on-call firefighters
- Credit: Archant
The station will be holding an opening evening for anyone interested next Tuesday.
WOOLACOMBE fire station is holding an open evening for prospective on-call fire fighters on Tuesday, February 5.
The station is looking for retained firefighters to join the team, and no previous experience is necessary.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “This is an opportunity for men and women who live and/or work within five minutes response time to the fire station to potentially save lives in fire, flood and road traffic emergencies.
“Being on-call means that you provide a level of cover whilst at work or at home and when you are needed your pager will alert you to attend the station.
“People who can give cover during the day are particularly needed.
“Many people have primary occupations whilst on-call - either employed or self-employed, the service has examples of employees in factories, shops, takeaways and restaurants who are on-call firefighters.”
- 1 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 4 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 5 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 6 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
Those interested need to be aged 18 or over and have a good level of fitness and strength.
Anyone who applies will be given full training and advice for the written and practical assessments.
Anyone interested can come along to Woolacombe Fire Station, Barton Road, EX34 7BA on Tuesday, February 5 between 7pm and 9pm.