Woolacombe station appeals for on-call firefighters
- Credit: Archant
The station will be holding an opening evening for anyone interested next Tuesday.
WOOLACOMBE fire station is holding an open evening for prospective on-call fire fighters on Tuesday, February 5.
The station is looking for retained firefighters to join the team, and no previous experience is necessary.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “This is an opportunity for men and women who live and/or work within five minutes response time to the fire station to potentially save lives in fire, flood and road traffic emergencies.
“Being on-call means that you provide a level of cover whilst at work or at home and when you are needed your pager will alert you to attend the station.
You may also want to watch:
“People who can give cover during the day are particularly needed.
“Many people have primary occupations whilst on-call - either employed or self-employed, the service has examples of employees in factories, shops, takeaways and restaurants who are on-call firefighters.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
Those interested need to be aged 18 or over and have a good level of fitness and strength.
Anyone who applies will be given full training and advice for the written and practical assessments.
Anyone interested can come along to Woolacombe Fire Station, Barton Road, EX34 7BA on Tuesday, February 5 between 7pm and 9pm.