Woolacombe’s Europa Park in reality TV show
- Credit: BBC/Betty TV/Steve Haywood
Don’t miss the antics of holidaymakers and staff in new BBC Three show airing on Wednesday at 9pm.
WOOLACOMBE’S Europa Park hits television screens this Wednesday (March 12) with a fly-on-the wall documentary following the antics of holidaymakers and staff.
Who needs Ibiza: The Great British Holiday is a two part series commissioned by the BBC and airing on BBC Three at 9pm and was filmed during last summer’s heatwave.
It looks at the growing popularity of ‘stay-cations’ among younger holidaymakers and follows Europa’s energetic staff as they keep the site running through the busy peak season, even when things get tough.
With smiles all around, amid the odd fiery debate, cameras follow the team as they battle the trusty British weather and the rabble of resident partygoers.
You may also want to watch:
Each 60 minute episode documents the efforts of park owners the Toms family and their young team, as they battle to make the summer of 2013 their best yet.
The show highlights how 18-30s can experience the excitement of the Balearics right here on the British coast
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
Producers promise the viewers are in for a treat, with a number of stars set to emerge from the show, with a particular focus on Europa’s very own Joe and Vicki.
“We’re all really excited for the show to be aired,” said Emma Fordham, park duty manager.
“We had a great time filming it, as did all our guests last summer, and we hope that really comes across in the show.
“We want to prove you don’t need to be on a party island to have a good holiday! You have sea, sand and sometimes even sun right here in Devon.”
Europa Park is looking forward to another busy summer season and the launch of its very own music festival on May 3 with Europa Fest. For information on this event and for tickets visit www.europafest.co.uk.