Woolacombe named in top 10 beaches in Europe
- Credit: Archant
TripAdvisor awards also saw Woolacombe crowed second best UK beach for the second year in a row.
WOOLACOMBE has been named as one of Europe’s best beaches in the Travellers’ Choice Beaches awards run by TripAdvisor.
The North Devon beach beat coastlines in Spain, Greece, Italy and Turkey to be named the seventh best beach in Europe.
Woolacombe also keeps its title for the second year in a row at the UK’s second best beach, beaten to the top spot by Rhossili Bay in Gower, Wales.
Last year Woolacombe was named as the fifth best beach in Europe.
James Kay, a TripAdvisor spokesman, said: “These awards recognise the best beaches in the UK and worldwide, according to the travellers that have visited and given them the highest levels of praise.
You may also want to watch:
“To have a Devon beach named among the best in Europe just goes to show how lucky we are in the UK to have such stunning scenery right on our doorstep.”
The Travellers’ Choice Beach Award winners were determined based on the quality and quantity of traveller reviews and ratings over a 12 month period on TripAdvisor.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
In Europe, the number one beach was named as Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa, Italy.
Braia do Sancho in Brazil took the ultimate top spot, being crowned the top beach in the world.